Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Didn't See This Coming!!


“For I am about to do something new.
See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?”
Isaiah 43:19

“He lets me rest in green meadows;
he leads me beside peaceful streams.”
Psalm 23:2

Today- I am trusting God with what I do not see, what my mind cannot comprehend, and what my heart knows is right.
God is calling me to something higher and once again, into unknown territory.
My absolute heart’s desire:
I want what God wants, no matter what it looks like; because I know that what He wants for me is far better than anything I could ever want for myself.
A couple of months ago, God began speaking to me about how a drastic change was coming to my life.  I won’t pretend like this is not a struggle for me because it is.  God is starting to put into motion this great change and at times it’s both exciting and nerve-racking. 
I am moving to Rice Lake, Wisconsin at the end of this month.

Uh- who moves there on purpose?! I do, apparently.
God is calling me there- I have some friends there that some of you know, Lisa and Charles, and I am going there to be mentored by Lisa and be a ministry partner with her and Charles.
I trust God with my whole heart- I know He is for me and He has only good things for me.
I find myself trying to plan out every little detail – which is both a strength and a hindrance.  God gave me the gift of being able to plan to the last detail, this has served me well in most areas, however, when it comes to recklessly trusting God, it creates anxiety.  Anxiety is not from God, worry is not from God, and fear most definitely is not from God.  I will say this, I am excited and terrified all at the same time, however, I am NOT fearful.  In fact, just the opposite, I have a huge joy and peace about what God is doing.
About the time I have a good plan laid down, the circumstances change (the calling does not) and I’m once again placed in a position where I have to blindly trust God.  I have to go back and re-read all the things that God has spoken to me, to reassure myself that I’m exactly where God wants me and I’m heading in the direction that He has ordained for me.
I may not be able to see all the little details and I may not even understand why circumstances are the way they are or how it will work out, but I do know this: the God of the universe has my back.  He has the Master plan.  He has called me to be obedient and I’m doing that.  Others may not get it, others may not understand, heck, I don’t understand at this point, but I trust Him and I’m listening to what He’s telling me to do.  I am overwhelmed at the amazing support I’ve received from my friends/family/and colleagues.  I am so excited to be starting this new adventure and I’m even more excited to see what God is doing.
April 7th, 2015 will be one year since my whole world changed.  I had a life-changing brain surgery that would sufficiently end the pain I had been enduring for so many years.  I had no idea how much freedom would take place when I stepped into that promise.  God had promised to heal me if I would trust Him enough to have brain surgery. 
This past November, I had a radical/complete hysterectomy to end my battle with Endometriosis.  Again, a life-changing surgery that brought with it great freedom from pain.
It has been prophesied over me that this year would be a year of ministry and fulfilled promises- I receive that and am gladly stepping into the next chapter of my life.
While I will miss my friends and family here in Texas more than anyone will ever know, I am excited to grow into this new opportunity and see where it takes me.  That’s not to say that I won’t come back to visit or even move back here someday.  This has just been made all the more clear to me that I just never really know what God is up to!
Please pray for me (and Daisy and Chester) as we embark on this new adventure.  Please pray for my parents, I know it will be a difficult transition for them as well.
Keep looking back here, I’ll be sure to keep everyone posted on this new chapter of living in the arctic.  Don’t ya know…  Did I mention I’ll be going to church in Minnesota for a while?
Be blessed, y’all!!

Pamela

For Fun:

Wisconics

I can be reached at BeautifulChaos2010@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment