Thursday, September 5, 2013

So, Come Here Often?


I'm the one in the back with the glasses and hot stud!
 
No, thank God, I don’t.

And no, I’m not at the DMV.  I’m at a country and western dancing class at TWU with my “friend” Sandy.  We’ll see if she’s still my “friend” when these 8 weeks are over.

I tease, she’s alright and we did have fun.

She’s in this phase of life where she wants to try new things and meet new people and let’s be honest here, I’m SO NOT.

I’m pretty sure I’d been drinking when she proposed this idea of going to this class and I agreed to try it.  I think.  Or maybe I was just distracted.

Last night was our first class and I should’ve started drinking before leaving the house. 

See, we had this big plan of leaving early so we wouldn’t make a grand entrance.  It didn’t quite work out that way.  Oh, we left early, but we still made an entrance. 

We went to the wrong building.  Twice.

By the time we finally ended up where we were supposed to be, we were nice and sweaty, I mean, glowing with excitement to be there.

We walk into a room full of…couples!  Like boys and girls all posed neatly in a circle waiting to start dancing. 

Then we come busting into class, all two girls all dressed up and no boys to dance with.

Cause this wasn’t supposed to be a ‘couples’ class.

So, instead of being all depressed and single, we danced with each other, taking turns being the boy.

Now, get your minds out of the gutter, it wasn’t gross (mostly) but it was sweaty.

Sandy couldn’t figure out that the boys hands always go on top and she kept asking me not the fling her across the room for some reason.

I think the instructor got irritated a time or two because we kept laughing hysterically.  I’m also pretty sure that the other couples were somewhat annoyed- psh, like we’re supposed to take this all serious and junk?!  Please!

HELLO?!!!  We’ll be dancing at BARS… not like at a Catholic Mass or anything…

Anyway, I’m sure there will be much funni-ness that comes out of this new adventure that I find myself in.  Just the fact that I’m dancing… in a classroom… probably with a girl for the rest of my days… will have to bring some hilariousness.

I love my comfort zone- and I hate to brag, whatever, I love to brag, it’s pretty awesome up in Pamela’s comfort zone- but it’s healthy to be pushed from it occasionally.

I admire my friends that just seem fearless and anxious to try new things all the time when I dread it.

Oh yes, I’m sure there’s some deeper wounds going on there on my part, but still, it’s just not my nature to enjoy any kind of change in my world.

Lately though, I’ve been in sort of a rut and this was a good opportunity to change that.
Thank you, Sandy for helping me stretch and grow a little.

We’re still friends, for the moment. ;)

I can’t make any promises until after next week’s class.



Blessin’s y’all!

 
Pamela
Picture found here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment